A saved filter offers a particular way of sorting and filtering the Contacts and Accounts on a List, such as including only Accounts or Contacts in active statuses versus those that have reached an inactive status. You can save filters and access them across the Grid and Stream List views.
Note: You can also filter the Stream view.
You can use saved filters to easily sort and access the information you want to see.
Note: When you add a new field to a List, be sure to check the Enable Filtering box if you want to filter on that field.
Create a Saved Filter
- In the Grid or Stream view, click Filters at the far right of the screen.
- Search for or browse to the first field you want to filter on.
- Highlight the field name and select the filter options on the left.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any other fields you want to include in the filter view.
- Click Save at the bottom of the filters panel.
- Enter a name for the filter and click Save.
Note: You can now filter using the parameters "(Has value)" or "(No value)" on your chosen field, as follows:
Apply Saved and Basic Filters
- You can access saved and basic filters in one of two ways:
- At the top of the screen, hover over the List you want to filter. The filters for that List are displayed.
Note: If the List you want isn't displayed at the top of the screen, learn how to customize the List display.
- Click Filters at the far right of the screen, and then click the drop-down list at the top of the filters panel.
- Filters appear in three categories:
Search for or browse to the filter you want, and click to apply it. The applied filter appears at the top of the screen, above the Grid or Stream.
- Your Saved Filters—Filters you created.
- Basic Filters—Default filters for all Lists. These include filtering by All Active statuses and All My Active statuses.
- Other Saved Filters—Filters created by other user on the List.
Note: To quickly filter on one or more List objects, check the boxes to the left of each object name, and then click Filter by Selected above the Grid.
Clear Part or All of a Filter
When you apply a filter, you can clear part or all of the filter:
- To remove one or more options for a field—for example, to remove some statuses from a filter view—highlight the field and uncheck the options to the left.
- To remove an entire field from the filter view, highlight the field and click Clear to the right.
- To completely clear the filter view, click Clear All to the right of Filtered By in the filters panel, or click X to the left of Filtered By at the top center area of the screen above the Grid or Stream.
Note: You can also delete any saved filter from the list by highlighting the filter name and clicking to the right. Any collaborator on a List can delete a filter created by any other collaborator.