You can use Google's 2-Step Verification to make your SalesforceIQ Account on our web and smartphone applications even more secure.
To learn more about Google's 2-Step Verification, how it works, and why you may want to enable it, please see their
To enable 2-Step Verification:
- Download the Google Authenticator app for your smartphone.
- Log in to your SalesforceIQ account on your computer.
- Click at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- On the screen that appears, click Security, and then click Begin Setup under Enable Two Factor. A barcode appears, along with areas to enter your SalesforceIQ password and Google authenticator code.
Note: Go to the Security settings if you want to disable 2-Step Verification after you enable it.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- Add a new Account as follows:
- Android phone—Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen.
- iPhone—Tap the pencil icon in the upper-right corner.
- Scan the barcode on your SalesforceIQ screen.
- The Google Authenticator app generates a new code for SalesforceIQ. In SalesforceIQ, enter this code under Google Authenticator Code, and then enter your SalesforceIQ password.
- Click Verify and Enable.
- If you use one of our smartphone apps, a prompt appears asking you to log back into them.
Note: You will need to use the most recent versions of our smartphone apps. If you have trouble logging in after enabling 2-Step Verification, please check the app store for updates.