Connecting SalesforceIQ to Pardot takes just minutes. You can either add prospects from Pardot into SalesforceIQ, pull information from SalesforceIQ into Pardot, or do both!
This connection lets you get new marketing prospects into your sales team's hands with no manual effort. By pulling Pardot information into your SalesforceIQ list, you'll arm your sales teams to qualify prospects faster and smarter than ever before.
What You'll Need for Setup
- Sign in to your SalesforceIQ Account.
- Click at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Under Create Direct Integration, click Pardot.
- On the information screen that appears click Next.
- Enter your Pardot login information and click Connect Pardot Account.
Note: To find your Pardot API User Key, log in to Pardot, click your Pardot login email address in the upper-right corner of the home screen, and click Settings. Your API User Key appears under My User Information.
Setting Up Your Integration: Add Contact Information from Pardot into SalesforceIQ
With just a few simple steps, you can automatically add prospects and related information from Pardot to any Contact-based SalesforceIQ List.
When you connect a Pardot list to a SalesforceIQ List, any new prospects sync automatically to SalesforceIQ approximately every hour. If the Pardot prospect already exists on the SalesforceIQ List, any new information in Pardot is updated in SalesforceIQ. This ensures that you have the latest and greatest lead information at your fingertips, while keeping your SalesforceIQ List clean without any duplicates.
For the source, you can choose from all of your Contact-based lists in Pardot. These are lists that update automatically with prospects that meet criteria you define. Here are some common examples:
- Prospects that fill out a website form or download some type of content
- Prospects that reach a certain lead score
- Prospects that satisfy engagement thresholds—for example, who have opened five or more marketing emails
Using Pardot lists enables you to easily automate the process of selecting and syncing newly qualified leads into SalesforceIQ.
For the destination, you can choose from all Contact-based Lists in SalesforceIQ. Because Pardot is entirely Contact-based, the integration process creates new List entries in SalesforceIQ based on Contacts. For example, add your prospects from Pardot to a leads List in SalesforceIQ so that you can use SalesforceIQ as your primary working List for your sales qualification process.
Tip: Use our easy conversion flow to connect any Contact-based List to an Account-based List so you can easily move prospects to opportunities once they become sales-qualified.
- Click Connect Pardot Prospects to SalesforceIQ lists.
- Under Pardot List, select the List that contains the prospects you want to add to SalesforceIQ.
- Under SalesforceIQ List, select the List to which you want to add the prospects.
- Under Default SalesforceIQ Status, do one of the following:
- Select an existing default status for the added prospects.
- Click Create new status to enter a new default status for the prospects.
- (Optional) Under Default SalesforceIQ Owner, select an owner for the added prospects.
- Click Continue.
- Click Save.
Setting Up Your Integration: Add SalesforceIQ List Data to Pardot Prospects
You can automatically add SalesforceIQ data from your critical Lists to your Pardot prospects database.
When you connect a SalesforceIQ List to Pardot, any information that you select from that List is added to as a custom field in the Pardot List for any point of Contact. This information updates automatically approximately every hour. For points of Contact that don't already exist in Pardot, you have the option to create new Contact records in Pardot.
As part of this process, you select the fields that you want to add to Pardot from SalesforceIQ. The integration process automatically creates a new field in Pardot for every SalesforceIQ field that you select. You can then filter by these SalesforceIQ fields in Pardot to run a more targeted marketing effort informed by your sales process. Fields you might typically select include the following:
- Status, to enable targeted marketing based on stage in sales funnel
- Inactive days, to drive re-engagement campaigns if a lead is unresponsive for a certain number of days
- Industry, to send the most relevant content possible through your marketing communications
- Click Add SalesforceIQ List Data to Pardot Prospects.
- Under Select a SalesforceIQ List, select the List that contains the information you want to add to Pardot.
- To create new Contact records in Pardot, check the Add new Prospects to Pardot box.
- If you select this option: If a Contact exists in SalesforceIQ that doesn't exist in Pardot, the integration process creates a new prospect in Pardot.
- If you don't select this option: The integration process updates any existing prospects in Pardot with the new information in SalesforceIQ, but doesn't create any new prospects in Pardot.
- Under SalesforceIQ List Fields, select the SalesforceIQ fields that you want to add to your Pardot prospects. For each field you select, under Pardot Custom Fields, the system generates a name for the field as it will appear in Pardot.
- To add another field from the selected List, click Add a field. To add a field that appears in another SalesforceIQ List, click Add fields from another list.
- Click Continue.
- Review your connection information and click Save.
Note: Your Pardot data may take several hours to complete its first sync with SalesforceIQ. Going forward, the data will sync hourly. Only one sync request can be made per hour.
If two or more sync requests are made within an hour, the requests are placed into a queue. Each hour, the next request in queue syncs.
After Integration Setup
After you complete integration setup, you can do the following at any time:
- Add or edit SalesforceIQ and Pardot connections.
- View a Pardot List in SalesforceIQ to see the effects of your integration.
- In the SalesforceIQ Add a field section under Pardot, select any Pardot property you have on your Pardot List and view all the information you need about the prospects you are adding to SalesforceIQ—for example, lead score, lead source, emails opened, or emails closed.
- To add a Pardot field, click Add a field. Your Pardot fields now appear in the list of options.
- In Pardot, view any prospect to see all your rich SalesforceIQ data displayed as a custom field in the Pardot List.
Note: You can click Edit or Delete to modify a SalesforceIQ entry in Pardot. This does not edit or delete the corresponding data in SalesforceIQ.
To view the status of your integration in SalesforceIQ, click at the top of the screen, select Settings, and then select Integrations. Your integration status appears under your API Key.