Before You Begin
This article is for customers who have already migrated their data from SalesforceIQ CRM into Sales Cloud, and are looking to import their SalesforceIQ comments into Sales Cloud.
- Review these high-level steps for how to import SalesforceIQ data into Sales Cloud after you have completed the data transfer into Sales Cloud.
*Note: This example is focused on importing comments from the Opportunities List in SalesforceIQ to the Opportunities Object in Sales Cloud. The general process applies to importing into other Objects in Sales Cloud.
System Permissions Needed
- You must be a System Administrator in both SalesforceIQ and Sales Cloud in order to complete data migrations or imports.
- In Sales Cloud, make sure the System Administrator user has the “Insert System Field Values for Chatter Feeds” user permission enabled:
- Navigate to Setup > Users
- Find the user and select the user's profile
- Search for the permission and check the box if it's unchecked
Download the Import Resources
- Export your Comments file from SalesforceIQ using the Organization Export. Your exported file will be titled, "Opportunities-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-comments.csv”
- Run an export of your Opportunity Object in Sales Cloud via Data Loader, include all fields in the export.
- Run an export of your Users Object in Sales Cloud via Data Loader, include all fields in the export.
Prepare the Final Import File
- Download and open this template. Then follow the instructions below.
- Paste your data in columns A, B and C. Use the data from your Opportunity Object export from Sales Cloud.
- Paste your data in columns D and E. Use the data from your Users export from Sales Cloud.
- Copy the worksheet tab called "CommentsTemplate", and merge it with the workbook "Opportunities-XXXXXX-comments.csv". It should look like the screenshot below.
- Return to the tab called "CommentsTemplate", copy the table highlighted in blue and paste it as new columns in your tab called "Opportunities-XXXXXX-comments.csv". It should look like screenshots below.
*Note: These fields contain pre-written formulas or fixed values that will marry/merge the proper Sales Cloud values with your SalesforceIQ comments, allowing you to map your SalesforceIQ comments to the correct opportunity record in Sales Cloud. Do not edit or delete these formulas or fixed values as it will cause errors with your data template and data import
6. To activate the formula fields, double-click on Row 2 in the columns (the blue fields) and delete the special character, an apostrophe ('), located at the very beginning of the formula.
7. Then click into the formula field, on Row 2 in each column, and drag down the formula fields and fixed value fields to all applicable rows within your data set.
8. Once the formula has populated for the whole column, you then need to copy each of the formula ID columns and paste special as Value. Highlight all of the columns and right click to select copy, then right click again, and select the ‘Paste Special’ option, choose ‘Value’ and click OK.
9. Save this file as a .csv format, and name it “Opportunity-comments-for-import.csv”
- A finished version of this, with proper formatting can be found HERE, for your reference.
Import Using Data Loader
- Open Data Loader and click Insert.
- Log into Salesforce as a System Administrator user.
- Check the 'Show all Salesforce objects' box and select 'Feed Item (FeedItem)'.
- Browse for your final import file, titled "Opportunity-comments-for-import.csv" and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Create or Edit Map', and then click 'Auto-Match Fields to Columns'.
- Once you 'Auto-Match Fields to Columns', you should see something like the following screenshot below.
- Click OK > Next > Finish.
- Success and Error logs will be generated after the import is complete (see screenshot below). If you see any errors, click on "View Errors", follow the error logs to correct them. If you need additional assistance on fixing the errors, please contact Salesforce Support.
- The import comment activities are located in the Chatter section of your Opportunity record.