"Other List" and linked fields
Many customers set up several Lists, one for each end-to-end process their Organization manages. For instance, you might have an Opportunities List for sales and a Customers List for client management, or Recruiting for candidates and Employees for hires.
You can use linked fields to view a field from one List in another List. For instance, you may need to know the opportunity owner for your customer's latest upsell, or who referred your new hire.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about linked fields:
- To add a linked field to a List, you must be an Organization admin.
- To edit a linked field, you must go to the source and make your edits there. If you add a linked field to a second List, the field is view-only there.
- When you create a Linked field, this adds two fields to the List: a field indicating the object name in the source List (lead, opportunity, etc.), and the field you brought in from the source List.
To add a linked field to a List:
- Open the List and click to display the Grid view.
Note: This is the List where you want to add the linked field, not the source List containing the field.
- Scroll to the end of the list and click Add a Field.
- For the field type, click Other List.
- Select the Source drop-down list, and then select the List containing the field you want to add to the current List.
- Select the field you want to bring in from the source List.
- Click Save.