How to Use the SalesforceIQ CRM to Sales Cloud Migration Tool
Before you begin your migration with this tool please note the following:
- This is a one-time data send. Any post-migration field edits in SalesforceIQ will not carry over into your Sales Cloud organization
- The Migration Tool will migrate the following data to Sales Cloud Standard Objects
*Note: All other list information can be sent to custom objects if you are using Sales Cloud Professional or Enterprise Edition
- Preparing your data for import is key to your success. Doing this step first prevents errors, duplication of data and frustration
- Stream Activity (emails, meetings, call comments, and tasks) are not transferred using this process. Activity manually logged in SalesforceIQ is available via organization export and can be manually entered into Sales Cloud. Tasks will need to be transferred manually. Emails and Meetings can be brought over with the use of Inbox and Einstein Activity Capture
- For Sales Cloud Essentials edition, follow instructions on how to enable Inbox and Einstein Activity Capture here.
- For Sales Cloud Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited editions, follow instructions here to set up Inbox and then follow instructions here to enable Einstein Activity Capture.
- Learn more about Salesforce Inbox here.
- Only the following Intelligence Field data is migrated in this process: 'First Communication Date' and 'Author of First Communication'
- If you are migrating to Professional Edition, a package named Salesforce Migration is automatically installed in your organization under Installed Packages. This allows SalesforceIQ to transfer your data via the Salesforce API. It doesn’t add any cost and can be removed once you are done migrating
IMPORTANT: Please complete ‘Step 1: Planning your Migration’ before continuing with this data import.
Migrate Your Data using the Migration Tool
- Click the gear icon at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- In the left navigation panel, click Salesforce Migration. Only Organization admins see the Salesforce Migration option.
3. Click Connect and follow the steps to connect your Salesforce Sales Cloud account.
4. Click Opportunities and select a List on the migration page to map to the Opportunities object in Salesforce. Click Leads and select a List to map to the Leads object in Salesforce.
Note: All Contacts and Accounts associated with your Lists are automatically migrated.
- Your remaining Lists are migrated to Sales Cloud as custom objects (This applies only for Sales Cloud Professional and Enterprise Editions). If you don’t want any other Lists to be migrated, un-check the 'Create Other Lists as Custom Objects' box.
5. Click Migrate.
6. Enter MIGRATE in the field and click Migrate.
7. The status of your migration is displayed under Migration History
8. After your migration is complete, the status changes to Success.
9. To verify the data was migrated, log in to your Sales Cloud account and check that the list and its contents are in your new Sales Cloud org.
View Custom Fields
Any fields in SalesforceIQ that do not map to standard fields in Salesforce are created as custom fields. These fields are hidden by default, but you can expose them.
- Click the Opportunities tab and select an Opportunity from the list.
- Click Edit Layout in the upper-right. The custom fields from SalesforceIQ appear in the top box.
- Drag and drop your fields onto the Opportunity record.
- Click Quick Save. If you go back to the Opportunity you selected, you should now see your fields from SalesforceIQ listed on the object.
- Complete these steps for any other objects with custom data.
Learn more about modifying page layouts to expose custom fields.
When you hit “Reset” under the Fix Migration Errors section of the tool, this will delete all records in your Sales Cloud org created by the Migration Tool. Verify that you've reset the tool by scanning your Leads and/or Opportunities in Sales Cloud to check that the records the tool created are gone.
Note:You will not be able to undo this action.
If you're still having trouble, file a case with our Support team on the Contact Us page for further assistance.