Set up API access
To get your team up and running, you must be your Organization's admin. Learn about how to check if you're the Organization admin here.
To set up API access:
- Click at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the integration type you want (Custom in this example).
- Enter a name for your API key. SalesforceIQ uses this name to tell users where the information they see is coming from.
- A public key and a secret key are displayed.
Note: Don't lose the secret key. It won't be shown again.
- Provide both keys to your developer and point him/her to our API documentation.
Notes regarding keys:
- Use one key per source of data—for example, web form, marketing system, etc.
- If you need more than three keys, please contact your email@example.com. Be sure to include information on your intended use case(s).
- Selecting Reset Secret breaks any existing integrations that use that key. Use this option with caution.