Send a mass email
Sending mass email is available to customers on the SalesforceIQ Growth and Business plans.
Note: You can send mass email to a maximum of 200 recipients per day. A message at the bottom of the send mail screen indicates how many recipients you have emailed via mass email in the last 24 hours.
Video: Send a Mass Email (Communication Center) (~3.5 min)
Steps for Sending a Mass Email
- Click at the top of any screen.
- In the left navigation panel, click Send Mass Email.
- Enter a name for the email. This name is used for reporting purposes.
- To select the email recipients, do one or both of the following. You can add recipients both from the Contact Gallery and from a List filter for the same mass email.
- To search for recipients from the Contact Gallery: Click Search for recipients and enter the Contact name. Select the Contact when it appears. Repeat these steps for all Contacts you want to add.
- To enter recipients based on a List filter: Click Select recipients from [List name] list. Then select which basic or saved filter you want to use to pull Contacts.
- The option to select recipients from a List appears for Contact-based Lists only.
- If you select a Contact that is missing information from one of the merge tags, and you selected the option not to send the email if that merge tag was missing data, a message appears indicating that the message will not be sent to that Contact.
- After the Contacts are entered, you can remove individual Contacts by clicking X to the right of the Contact name.
- Click Send.