Overview for Essentials Users: Import SalesforceIQ Activity after Migrating to Sales Cloud
Here are the high-level steps for importing your SalesforceIQ activity after migrating to Sales Cloud. If you just want to migrate to Sales Cloud without importing activity, follow these steps instead.
* Note: This import process is recommended for Sales Cloud Essentials Edition users, but will also work for Sales Cloud Professional Edition users, and Sales Cloud Enterprise Edition users.
- Have your team stop manually logging activity into your SalesforceIQ Organization.
- Migrate your data using the SalesforceIQ migration tool. This migrates Lists, Contacts, and Accounts.
- After your Salesforce migration has completed, use the Organization export functionality to retrieve all manually logged activities. Create a copy of the export file to retain for your records.
- Ensure that all users that were in SalesforceIQ have a user record in Salesforce. This step is required if you want the author of Stream comments to be the author of the respective chatter comment.
- Marry the exported data files.
- Re-import the data into Salesforce using DataLoader.io. The steps depend on the data type: