Migrate Sales Cloud data
This article shows you how to migrate your data from Sales Cloud to SalesforceIQ. The migration steps vary based on your Sales Cloud edition, as described below.
Migrate Your Data: GE Edition of Sales Cloud
- Depending on how your Sales Cloud data is formatted, you can use one of the following prebuilt reports to export your Sales Cloud data:
- If you map your Contacts to Opportunities, use the Opportunities with Contact Roles report under the Opportunities folder.
- If you map your Contacts to Accounts, use the Contacts and Accounts report under the Accounts folder.
- After you identify the report that is best for you, export your data to a CSV.
- Then follow these instructions to import your newly exported Sales Cloud data into a new List in SalesforceIQ.
Note: These are the only steps required for GE edition customers. The rest of this article applies to PE/EE edition customers only.
Migrate Your Data: PE or EE Edition of Sales Cloud
We have built an App on the App Exchange that is available for PE and EE Sales Cloud customers. This app downloads the following two custom-built reports to format your data properly for an import into SalesforceIQ:
- SalesforceIQ: All Leads and Contacts report—Surfaces all leads and the associated Contacts.
- SalesforceIQ: Opportunities and Contacts report—Surfaces all opportunities, Accounts, and the associated Contacts.
The rest of this article shows PE/EE Edition customers how to use the app to run the reports and import data.
Download the App
- Open the App Exchange and search for Sales Cloud to SalesforceIQ.
- Select Get it Now to download the app into your Salesforce instance. This gives every user in your Sales Cloud account access to the reports.
Access and Customize Your Reports From the App
- Log in to Sales Cloud and select the Reports tab. This might be in your top navigation, or you might need to select the + button to find it.
- Search for IQ in the search bar to locate the reports you just downloaded via the app.
- If you use the primary object Leads to track leads, start by opening the first report. If you have been using Opportunities and Accounts only, you only need to use the second report. Click into either report.
- The screen that appears show the default fields the report will bring in.
- If these are sufficient, click Run Report and skip to step 6.
- To add other fields to the report, click Customize.
- If you chose to add other fields, double-click the options you want under Fields on the left side of the screen. Fields you add appear on the right under Preview.
Note: To quickly add a specific fields, enter the field name in the Quick Find search box under Fields.
- Click Run Report to pull your Sales Cloud data into the report you have built.
- To download the CSV file to your computer, do the following:
- Click Export Details.
- Change the Export File Format to CSV.
- Click Export.
Import to SalesforceIQ
Follow these instructions to import your newly exported Sales Cloud data into a new list in SalesforceIQ.