Connecting SalesforceIQ to MailChimp takes just minutes. You can either add subscribers from MailChimp into SalesforceIQ, pull information from SalesforceIQ into MailChimp, or do both!
This connection lets you get new marketing subscribers into your sales team's hands with no manual effort. By pulling MailChimp information into your SalesforceIQ list, you'll arm your sales teams to qualify subscribers faster and smarter than ever before.
- Integration with MailChimp works with Contact-based Lists only.
- Outgoing emails sent from MailChimp aren't logged in the SalesforceIQ Stream. However, replies to those emails do appear in the Stream as long as the sender is a collaborator on that List.
What You'll Need for Setup
- To be an admin of your organization in SalesforceIQ
- A supported SalesforceIQ plan
- A MailChimp plan
- Your MailChimp login information
- Sign in to your SalesforceIQ account.
- Click at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Under Create Direct Integration, click MailChimp.
- On the information screen that appears, click Connect MailChimp Account.
- Enter your MailChimp login information and click Log In.
Setting Up Your Integration: Add Contact Information from MailChimp into SalesforceIQ
With just a few simple steps, you can automatically add subscribers and related information from MailChimp to any Contact-based SalesforceIQ List.
When you connect a MailChimp List to a SalesforceIQ List, any new subscribers sync automatically to SalesforceIQ approximately every hour. If the MailChimp subscriber already exists on the SalesforceIQ List, any new information in MailChimp is updated in SalesforceIQ. This ensures that you have the latest and greatest lead information at your fingertips, while keeping your SalesforceIQ List clean without any duplicates.
For the source, you can choose from all of your Contact-based lists in MailChimp. These are lists that update automatically with subscribers that meet criteria you define. Here are some common examples:
- Subscribers that fill out a website form or download some type of content
- Subscribers that reach a certain lead score
- Subscribers that satisfy engagement thresholds—for example, who have opened five or more marketing emails
Using MailChimp lists enables you to easily automate the process of selecting and syncing newly qualified leads into SalesforceIQ.
For the destination, you can choose from all Contact-based Lists in SalesforceIQ. Since MailChimp is entirely Contact-based, the integration process creates new List entries in SalesforceIQ based on Contacts. For example, add your subscribers from MailChimp to a leads List in SalesforceIQ so that you can use SalesforceIQ as your primary working List for your sales qualification process.
Tip: Use our easy conversion flow to connect any Contact-based List to Account-based so you can easily move subscribers to opportunities once they become sales-qualified.
- Click Connect MailChimp Subscribers to SalesforceIQ lists.
- Under MailChimp List, select the List that contains the subscribers you want to add to SalesforceIQ.
- Under SalesforceIQ List, select the List to which you want to add the subscribers.
- Under Default SalesforceIQ Status, do one of the following:
- Select an existing default status for the added subscribers.
- Click Create new status to enter a new default status for the subscribers.
- (Optional) Under Default SalesforceIQ Owner, select an owner for the added subscribers.
- Click Continue.
- Click Save.
Setting Up Your Integration: Add SalesforceIQ List Data to MailChimp Subscribers
You can automatically add SalesforceIQ data from your critical Lists to your MailChimp subscriber database.
When you connect a SalesforceIQ List to MailChimp, any information that you select from that List is added to as a custom field in MailChimp for any point of Contact. This information updates automatically approximately every hour. For points of Contact that don't already exist in MailChimp, you have the option to create new Contact records in MailChimp.
As part of this process, you select the fields that you want to add to MailChimp from SalesforceIQ. The integration process automatically creates a new field in MailChimp for every field that you select. You can then filter by these SalesforceIQ fields in MailChimp to run a more targeted marketing effort informed by your sales process. Fields you might typically select include the following:
- Status, to enable targeted marketing based on stage in sales funnel
- Inactive days, to drive re-engagement campaigns if a lead is unresponsive for a certain number of days
- Industry, to send the most relevant content possible through your marketing communications
- Under Connect SalesforceIQ List Data to MailChimp Subscribers, click Add SalesforceIQ List Data to MailChimp Subscribers.
- Under Select a SalesforceIQ List, select the List that contains the information you want to add to MailChimp.
- To create new subscriber records in MailChimp, check the Add new Subscribers to MailChimp box.
- If you select this option—If a Contact exists in SalesforceIQ that doesn't exist in MailChimp, the integration process creates a new subscriber in MailChimp.
- If you don't select this option—The integration process updates any existing subscribers in MailChimp with the new information in SalesforceIQ, but doesn't create any new subscribers in MailChimp.
- Under SalesforceIQ List Fields, select the SalesforceIQ fields that you want to add to your MailChimp subscribers. For each field you select, under MailChimp Custom Fields, the system generates a name for the field as it will appear in MailChimp.
- To add another field from the selected list, click Add another field. To add all the fields from the selected List, click Add all fields.
- Click Continue.
- Review your connection information and click Save.
Note: Your MailChimp data may take several hours to complete its first sync with SalesforceIQ. Going forward, the data will sync hourly. Only one sync request can be made per hour.
If two or more sync requests are made within an hour, the requests are placed into a queue. Each hour, the next request in queue syncs.
The integration is limited to syncing a total of 30 fields (between SalesforceIQ and MailChimp and/or between MailChimp and SalesforceIQ). If you exceed this limit, the integration will be automatically paused.
After Integration Setup
After you complete integration setup, you can do the following at any time:
- Add or edit SalesforceIQ and MailChimp connections.
- View a MailChimp list in SalesforceIQ to see the effects of your integration.
- In the SalesforceIQ Add a field section under MailChimp, select any MailChimp property you have on your MailChimp list and view all the information you need about the subscribers you are adding to SalesforceIQ—for example, lead score, lead source, emails opened, or emails closed.
- To add a MailChimp field, click Add a field. Your MailChimp fields now appear in the list of options.
- In MailChimp, view any subscriber to see all your rich SalesforceIQ data displayed as a custom field in the MailChimp List.
Note: You can click Edit or Delete to modify a SalesforceIQ entry in MailChimp. This does not edit or delete the corresponding data in SalesforceIQ.
- To view the status of your integration in SalesforceIQ, click at the top of the screen, select Settings, and then select Integrations. Your integration status appears under your API Key.