Connecting SalesforceIQ to HubSpot takes just minutes. You can either add Contacts from HubSpot into SalesforceIQ, pull information from SalesforceIQ into HubSpot, or do both!
This connection lets you get new marketing leads into your sales team's hands with no manual effort. By pulling HubSpot information into your SalesforceIQ List, you'll arm your sales teams to qualify leads faster and smarter than ever before.
What You'll Need for Setup
- To be an admin of your organization in SalesforceIQ
- A supported SalesforceIQ plan
- A Pro or Enterprise HubSpot plan
- Your HubSpot login information
- Sign in to your SalesforceIQ Account.
- Click at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Under Create Direct Integration, click HubSpot.
- On the information screen, click Next.
- Enter your HubSpot login information and click Log In.
- Click Authorize.
Setting Up Your Integration: Add Contact Information from HubSpot into SalesforceIQ
With just a few simple steps, you can automatically add Contacts and related information from HubSpot to any Contact-based SalesforceIQ List.
When you connect a HubSpot List to a SalesforceIQ List, any new Contacts sync automatically to SalesforceIQ approximately every hour. If the HubSpot Contact already exists on the SalesforceIQ List, any new or different information in HubSpot is updated in SalesforceIQ. This ensures that you have the latest and greatest lead information at your fingertips, while keeping your SalesforceIQ List clean without any duplicates.
For the source, you can choose from all Smart Lists in HubSpot. These are lists that update automatically with Contacts that meet criteria you define. Here are some common examples:
- Contacts that fill out a website form or download some type of content
- Contacts that reach a certain lead score
- Contacts that satisfy engagement thresholds—for example, who have opened five or more marketing emails
Using HubSpot Smart Lists enables you to easily automate the process of selecting and syncing newly qualified leads into SalesforceIQ.
For the destination, you can choose from all Contact-based Lists in SalesforceIQ. Because HubSpot is entirely Contact-based, the integration process creates new entries in your SalesforceIQ Lists based on Contacts. For example, add your leads from HubSpot to a leads List in SalesforceIQ so that you can use SalesforceIQ as your primary working List for your sales qualification process.
Tip: Use our easy conversion flow to connect any Contact-based List to an Account-based List so you can easily move leads to opportunities once they become sales-qualified.
- Click Connect HubSpot Contacts to SalesforceIQ lists.
- Under HubSpot List, select the List that contains the Contacts you want to add to SalesforceIQ. Under SalesforceIQ List, select the List to which you want to add the Contacts.
- Under Default SalesforceIQ Status, do one of the following:
- Select an existing default status for the added Contacts.
- Click Create new status to enter a new default status for the Contacts.
- (Optional) Under Default SalesforceIQ Owner, select an owner for the added contacts.
- Click Continue.
- Click Save.
Setting Up Your Integration: Add SalesforceIQ List Data to HubSpot Contacts
You can automatically add SalesforceIQ data from your critical Lists to your HubSpot Contact database.
When you connect a SalesforceIQ List to HubSpot, any relevant information from that List is added to the Contact record for any point of Contact. A new property group called “SalesforceIQ Information" is created that updates automatically approximately every hour. For points of Contact that don't already exist in HubSpot, you have the option to create new Contact records in HubSpot.
As part of this process, you select the fields that you want to add to HubSpot from SalesforceIQ. The integration process automatically creates a new field in HubSpot for every field that you select. You can use these fields in HubSpot to create Smart Lists for highly targeted marketing efforts informed by your sales process. Fields you might typically select include the following:
- Status, to enable targeted marketing based on stage in sales funnel
- Inactive days, to drive re-engagement campaigns if a lead is unresponsive for a certain number of days
- Industry, to send the most relevant content possible through your marketing communications
- Follow the steps in Getting Started to set up your HubSpot integration.
- Click Add SalesforceIQ List Data to HubSpot Contacts.
- Under Select a SalesforceIQ list, select the SalesforceIQ List you want to integrate with your HubSpot list.
- To create new Contact records in HubSpot, check the Add new Contacts to HubSpot box.
- If you select this option: If a Contact exists in SalesforceIQ that doesn't exist in HubSpot, the integration process creates a new Contact in HubSpot.
- If you don't select this option: The integration process updates any existing Contacts in HubSpot with the new information in SalesforceIQ, but doesn't create any new Contacts in HubSpot.
- Under SalesforceIQ List Fields, select the SalesforceIQ fields that you want to add to your HubSpot Contacts. For each field you select, under HubSpot Custom Fields, the system generates a name for the field as it will appear in HubSpot.
- To add another field from the selected List, click Add a field. To add a field that appears in another SalesforceIQ List, click Add fields from another list.
- Click Continue.
- Review your connection information and click Save.
Note: Your HubSpot data may take several hours to complete its first sync with SalesforceIQ. Going forward, the data will sync hourly. Only one sync request can be made per hour.
If two or more sync requests are made within an hour, the requests are placed into a queue. Each hour, the next request in queue syncs.
After Integration Setup
After you complete integration setup, you can do the following at any time:
- Add or edit SalesforceIQ and HubSpot connections.
- View a HubSpot Smart List in SalesforceIQ to see the effects of your integration.
- In the HubSpot section under Add a field, select any HubSpot property and view all the information you need about the leads you are adding to SalesforceIQ—for example, lead score, lead source, emails opened, or emails closed.
- To add a HubSpot field, click Add a field. Your HubSpot fields now appear in the list of options.
- In HubSpot, view any Contact to see all your rich SalesforceIQ data displayed right there. For example, click View all Properties, and then click SalesforceIQ Information to see all the new targeting information you have at your fingertips.
Note: You can click Edit or Delete to modify a SalesforceIQ entry in HubSpot. This does not edit or delete the corresponding data in SalesforceIQ.