How to import your data: Accounts and Contacts
Note: The procedure below applies if you are importing data to a new Account-based List. You can also import data in the following ways. Be sure to follow the correct procedure for the import path you want.
- Import data to a new Contact-based List
- Import data to an existing Account-based List
- Import data to an existing Contact-based List
If you are an admin for your Organization, you can use the SalesforceIQ import tool to import data from an external system to a new List you create in SalesforceIQ. Our tool walks you through formatting your file correctly to import Contacts, Accounts, and List-specific items such as opportunities or leads.
Before You Begin
Note the following:
- Imports are only accessible in a Chrome browser.
- The new List name cannot be Owner or Owners.
- To help ensure a smooth data import, format your data following the guidelines in Formatting data for import into SalesforceIQ.
- Be sure to include an email address for any Contacts you import. This ensures that communication activity for that Contact appears in the Stream.
- As part of the import process, you can map your existing data fields to Contact properties and Account properties in SalesforceIQ. Learn more about Contact properties here. Learn more about Account properties for all users here, and about Account property information specific to admin users here.
Note: We recommend that you import Account properties only if they truly represent Account-level data. You can always build out Account properties after the import.
Video: Import Data (~21 min)
How to format and import data to create a new list in SalesforceIQ (3:07)
How to successfully import your spreadsheet, step by step, to create a new list in SalesforceIQ (5:31)
How to complete your list setup by customizing your Statuses and Fields (15:19)
Import Data to a New List Associated with Accounts
- Export your data to a CSV file.
- In SalesforceIQ, click at the top of the screen, and then select Settings.
- On the screen that appears, click Lists, and then click Import List in the upper-right corner.
- Do the following to import your CSV file:
- Drag the file into the Select a CSV file to Upload field, or click Choose File and browse to the file on your computer.
- Enter the plural and singular forms of the items you want to track on the new List (leads, opportunities, etc.). The plural form becomes the new List name.
- Select Accounts as the List type and click Next.
Note: The CSV import screen contains information on the correct format for your CSV file. To see a template of the recommended CSV file format, click View an Example CSV.
- A series of informational screens appears explaining the three steps of the import process: Importing Account properties, importing Contact properties, and importing List fields. Please review the information before clicking Next.
- On the Import Account Properties screen, as well the import screens that follow, the field headers from your CSV file appear as a list on the left. Drag a header into a blank field on the right to enter that value in the field. The right section of each import screen shows a preview of how your entries will appear in SalesforceIQ. When you are finished entering values, click Next. Note: For an Accounts List, importing Account properties is required. At a minimum, you must enter a name for the Account by dragging an item into the Name field.
- On the Import Contact Properties screen, drag a header on the left into a blank field on the right to enter that value in the field. When you are finished entering values, click Next. For an Account list, this step is optional and you can Skip it.Note: If you choose to import Contact properties, you must populate the Name field to change the Skip button to Next.
- On the Import Fields to a New List screen, drag a header on the left into a blank field on the right to enter that value in the field. Each field you import becomes a field in your List. When you are finished entering values, click Next. Note: Importing fields to a new List is required. At a minimum, you must import a value such as an individual, company, or deal name to the first field displayed on the right—the field that indicates what type of object (lead, opportunity, etc.) you are tracking on this List.
- If your CSV file contains any duplicate entries, a screen appears asking whether you want to merge them. If you don't merge the entries, the import process creates a new List object for each entry in the CSV file. If you choose to merge the entries, the import process first merges them into a single entry in the CSV file, and then creates a single List object from the merged entry. Merging the entries impacts the CSV file only—it doesn't merge the entries with any existing object on the List.Note: If you are importing to an Account that already exists in your Account gallery, the Account property data in this import will overwrite existing Account properties. For example, say you have the Avocado, Inc. Account in your Account gallery. The Industry Account property is Tech. Now assume your data to be imported also contains an Avocado, Inc. Account, but this time the Industry Account property is Storage. After the import, the Avocado, Inc. Account will have the Industry Account property set as Storage.
- Review your information on the Review and Complete Your Import screen. If you want to change any entries, click to the right of the appropriate section.
- When you are happy with your import settings, click Complete Import.