How to Use Sales Cloud Data Import Wizard
Before you begin your migration with this tool please note the following:
- The Data Import Wizard makes it easy to import data for many standard Salesforce objects, including accounts, contacts and leads. You can also import data for custom objects.
- Preparing your data for import and creating an import file is key to your success. Doing this step first prevents errors, duplication of data, and frustration.
IMPORTANT: Please complete ‘Step 1: Planning your Migration’ before continuing with this data import.
Exporting Your SalesforceIQ CRM Data
You can either do a complete export of your organization data including lists, contacts, and accounts, or export only list data.
Import and Migrate Your Data
- Cleaning up your Import File video breakdown - This will help you understand the importance of and the steps needed to be sure you are bringing over ‘clean’ data from SalesforceIQ
- How to Import your Data into Sales Cloud Series is a full video series of best practices for setting up your import file and Sales Cloud system to aid in the import process
- Video 1: Choosing the Importing Tool
- Video 2: Cleaning Up Your Import File
- Video 3: Cleaning and Preparing Your Data Using Excel
- Video 4: Importing Owner IDs and Parent IDs
- Video 5: Best Practices for Importing Data
- Additionally, there is a step by step Import Walkthrough document, which can be printed to help you walk through the detailed process