Forecast deal close probability
SalesforceIQ forecasting provides clarity into your funnel, which helps you hit your goals and efficiently allocate your resources.
Forecasting involves three actions:
- In the status editor, customize the probability of close for each status.
Note: You should increase the probability of close as deals move through your funnel
- Customize the expected close date for active deals
- Run a sales report with a future end date to view the forecast in the report and the pivot grid. The forecast appears in the following sales reports:
- Cumulative Sales
- Incremental Sales
- Sales Leaderboard
Customize the Probability of Close for a Status
Note: Only Organization admins can change the probability of close for a status. In addition, this feature is available for supported SalesforceIQ plans only.
- In the Grid, click the arrow to the right of the Status field header and select Edit Field from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click the Active Pipeline tab.
- For each active status, under Probability of Close, enter a value between 0 and 100 to indicate the probability percentage. The default value is 100.
Note: You can't leave a probability field blank.
Customize the Expected Close Date for an Active Deal
Note: The default close date for a deal is 30 days after the created date. Any user can change the expected close date for a given deal by following the steps shown here. In addition, Organization admins can change the default close date to a value other than 30 days.
- In the Grid, double-click the Close Field date for the specific deal.
- Enter the expected close date, or select it from the calendar.
Include Forecasting in a Sales Report
- Run the report as described here.
- Check or uncheck the Show Forecast box to set whether the forecast does or doesn't appear in the report. Forecast values appear in the pivot grid.