Customize the Grid
If you reorder or hide/show a field, this change appears in your Grid view only. It doesn't impact the Grid view that appears to other users. If you choose either of these options, you can easily restore the Grid to its default view.
Reorder a Field
You can reorder a field in one of three ways:
- Click the field header once to select the field, and then click again and drag and drop the field header wherever you would like it to appear in the Grid. You can use this method to reorder multiple fields at once by holding down Shift before clicking the field headers.
- To move the field one at the time, click the arrow to the right of the field header and select either Move Left or Move Right.
- In the Add a Field dialog, click and drag to the left of any field name, and then drag and drop the field wherever you want it to appear in the Grid.
Hide or Show a Field
You can hide a field in one of two ways:
- In the Grid view, click the arrow to the right of the field header and select Hide Field.
- In the Add a Field dialog, hover over any field name, and then click .
To show a hidden field, click that appears in the header row where the hidden field is located.
Reset the Default Grid View After Reordering or Hiding Fields
To return to the default Grid view after you reorder or hide fields, do the following:
- Scroll to the far right of the Grid.
- Click Add a Field.
- Click show more details in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Click Reset Field Order in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Click Save.
Note: For Organization admins, another option appears at the bottom of the Manage Fields screen: Save as Default Field Order. If other List users reorder or hide fields, they can later revert to the default List order set by the admin.