The Contact Gallery in SalesforceIQ mirrors the contact gallery from your connected Gmail or Exchange email Accounts. The Contact Gallery is meant to be used as a online rolodex. As a best practice, we recommend that you track your Contacts (as well as Accounts) in your Lists.
By default, SalesforceIQ enriches your Contacts with hundreds of different data sources. You can turn off the option to enrich Contacts with third-party data. Note that any Contact merges, shared Contacts from other users, or additional Contact details that we add in SalesforceIQ don't sync back to your Gmail or Exchange account.
Contacts can populate in SalesforceIQ in a variety of ways:
- You can import Contacts manually via a CSV file or a VCF file import.
- Contacts are imported automatically via any connected email Account. You can connect an email Account during initial setup or at any time from the Settings.
- Contacts are also created when you add a new Contact or Account to a List.
- If you want to create a Contact that isn't associated with any List, you can create the Contact manually: Click in the upper-right corner of the screen, enter the Contact name, and click Create [Contact name] under People.
- You can also create a Contact directly in the Contact Gallery: Click at the top of the screen, select Contacts, and then click Add Contact. Enter the Contact in the search field, or click Create New Contact.