Create an email template with a first name field
When you create an email template to use for sending mass email in SalesforceIQ, the available merge tags include Recipient Full Name. To create a template with a First Name merge tag, follow the steps listed here.
- In your Contact-based List, add a First Name Contact property.
- Export the Contact-based List to a CSV file or Google Sheet.
- In the exported file, create a new column. We recommended naming it First Name.
- Enter each Contact's first name in the new column.
- Sort the new column in both your Contact-based List and your exported file from A-Z.
- Copy and paste the first names from your exported file into your Contact-based List.
The First Name merge tag now appears as an option when you create an email template.