Account properties: All users
Account properties are custom properties that your Organization's admin creates that let you store information at the Account level, rather than tied to a specific lead, opportunity, etc. on a List. You can view, fill out, and update these properties on Lists, so other users can easily access them throughout the workflow.
Learn more about Account properties here.
This article explains the Account property features available to all users:
- Adding an Account property as a field in the Grid
- Updating or adding an Account property value
Add an Account Property as a Field in the Grid
After an admin user creates an Account property, any user can add that Account property as a field in the Grid.
- With the List open, click to display the Grid view.
- Scroll to the end of the Grid and click Add a Field.
- On the screen that appears, select Account as the field type, and then select from the options that appear.
- Click Save.
Update or Add an Account Property Value
After an admin user creates a custom Account property, any user can update the values for that Account property. Users can do so from one of two places:
- The Account Details page
- The Grid
To update Account property values from the Account Profile page:
- In upper-right corner of any SalesforceIQ screen, click .
- Enter the Account name in the search field.
- Select the Account from the search results.
- On the Account Profile screen, scroll down the Account Details section.
- Click inside any field to edit the value.
To update Account property values from the Grid:
If the Account property has been added to the Grid view of a List as a field, you can update the Account property from the Grid view just as you would any other List field.
- With the List open, click the Grid icon to display the Grid view.
- Click the header for the Account property field.
- On the drop-down menu that appears, click Edit Field, and then edit the value.
Note: Some Account property fields don’t have Edit Field in their drop-down menus.
Note: Any changes you make to an Account property from the Grid are reflected on the Account Profile page and on any other Lists where you've added this property.